Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) is Microsoft’s important research organization in the Asia Pacific region, also the largest one outside the US. Over the past 20 years, MSRA has made significant contribution to the advancement of the cutting-edge computer science research and talent fostering in Asia. Numerous research breakthroughs in the recent years include reaching human parity in computer vision, speech recognition, reading comprehension, machine translation and conversational AI etc. MSRA always continues to tackle the greatest challenges in computing with the passion that has helped establish MSRA as one of the world’s foremost fundamental and applied research facilities.
The Outreach group at MSRA is dedicated to building strong collaboration between Microsoft Research and the academic community and promote open research to make it benefit more people. In addition, Outreach manages MSRA Innovation Partnership Program which aims to accelerate industry digital transformation in the new era by facilitating researchers to work closely with leading industrial partners in various domains.
There are various programs in Outreach, such as themed collaborative projects, joint labs, global conferences, Asia Faculty Summit, visiting researcher, internship, MSRA Fellowship, etc. Since 1998, our Outreach activities have attracted over 300, 000 participants from all over the world and there are more than 6000 students who finished their internship.
Roles & Responsibilities
Microsoft Research Outreach is recruiting a full-time intern, who will be responsible for:
- Assisting Outreach collaborative activities with academic and industrial partners, including but not limited to conference and event planning, support and promotion.
- Making videos for social media platform on event and program promotions.
- Helping track Innovation Partner Program project status and reports.
- Supporting Innovation Partner Program website content updates.
- Master student or senior undergraduate. Major in communication, marketing or related fields.
- Fluent in Traditional Chinese and English. Good communication and translation skills.
- Have rich experience in video-making and using social media platform for event promotion.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook email, PowerPoint etc.
- Detail focused, result oriented, good team player.
- Need to have written approval from your school advisor.
- 3 – 6 months full-time internship.
Please fill in the application and send it together with a full resume in both English and Chinese (PDF/Word/Txt/Html format) to: MSRAih@microsoft.com, and please note you are applying for Microsoft Research Outreach + position.
Know more about Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program, please visit
Link of the application form：