In the Social Computing Group of Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), we engage in interdisciplinary research which intersects computer science with social science, psychology and cognitive science. Based on large scale human behavioral data on various heterogeneous social platforms, we aim to gain an in depth understanding of users and provide them with responsible, intelligent and personalize online experience. Our current research focus is on user modeling, recommendation system, graph data mining, privacy protection, explainable machine learning, and knowledge graph. Our team is well-known in the fields of social computing, ubiquitous computing and data mining.
A research intern is expected to contribute in many ways to the research project. Typical responsibilities and duties include:
- Handle one research project independently or collaborate with researchers and other interns on one project
- Design and implement research prototypes
- Write paper
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by individual researchers.
- Master or PhD candidates major in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or other related areas
- Solid mathematical foundation and problem-solving skills; Experience in data mining, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing fields is preferred
- Excellent programming ability; Project experience in web search, online advertising, and recommendation system is preferred; Experience in building large-scale systems or processing big data is preferred
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit
- Excellent English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
Required Internship Duration:
At least 3 months.
Qualified applicants are required to fill out the application form and send it with their CVs/resumes in English (if applicable, in Chinese as well) in PDF/Word/Txt/Html format to: MSRAih@microsoft.com, and note that you are applying for an internship position in MSRA Social Computing Group. Download the Application Form here: https://www.msra.cn/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Internship_application_form.xlsx
To learn more about Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program, please contact MSRAih@microsoft.com. We are happy to answer any question you may have.