The Visual Computing Group at Microsoft Research Asia consists of a group of researchers and engineers whose expertise spans the entire spectrum of research topics in computer vision, from mathematical theory to practical applications, from physical systems to software development, and from low-level image processing to high-level image understanding. Research results from our group have made fundamental impacts on many important applications such as Object Recognition and Detection, New High-Resolution Cameras, Face Recognition, Image Search, Virtual Earth, Graphics & Games, and Robotics.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for several interns in the Visual Computing Group of Microsoft Research Asia. Each research intern will work directly with one or more experienced researchers (i.e., the research mentors) in our group to conduct cutting-edge research in computer vision. Results produced from the research projects will not only lead to research publications in top conferences/journals, but also have the potential to contribute to various software products inside Microsoft.
As a research intern, your will work closely with your research mentor(s) to:
- identify the research problems and define your research project;
- study the literature, conceive the solutions, implement the algorithms in high quality research code, and conduct comprehensive experiments for validation;
- write technical reports, which will eventually transform to paper submissions to to top conferences/journals in computer vision/machine learning/computer graphics;
- participate in research reading/discussion groups and seminars, and contribute to the various research activities in the group;
- enjoy the various trainings/benefits we provide to our research interns!!
- Ph.D./M.S./Bachelor degree (or actively pursuing) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automation, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- Demonstrated academic credentials
- Relevant past research experiences is a plus
- Solid mathematical background
- Strong programming skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated in conducting research
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Attention to details
- Open-minded with collaborative spirit
We prefer that you can program with C/C++ but we are not confining to any specific programming languages.
Qualified applicants please fill in the application and send it together with a full resume in both English and Chinese (PDF/Word/Txt/Html format) to: MSRAih@microsoft.com, and please note you are applying for Visual Computing Group (VC).