Microsoft Research Asia's Public Relations Group is responsible for the Asia lab's communications, including driving communications strategy, public relations, and brand marketing. The PR team works closely with the organization's senior executives, researchers and other stakeholders to communicate innovation thought leadership and state-of-the-art research breakthroughs to audiences all over the world. By telling stories about Microsoft Research Asia through traditional, digital, and social media, the PR team enhances the public's understanding and appreciation of the lab and of Microsoft.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Public Relations Group of Microsoft Research Asia is recruiting a full-time Graphic Design intern, who will work closely with PR team to create visually and emotionally engaging communication materials. Intern must have professional understanding of Microsoft's visual identity and design principles (known as “Modern” or “Metro”).
Work will include high-visibility output for both online and physical assets for Microsoft Research Asia, including:
- Conceptualize and design graphics and infographics for a variety of online promotions on Microsoft Research Asia’s digital platform (Website、Weibo、Renren, and Blog)
- Be responsible for the design work for the PR Group’s regular communication materials, including monthly and quarterly newsletter, and quarterly magazine
- Conceptualize and design integrated materials for PR campaigns through web, email, and print communications (email reports, newsletters, posters, banners, landing pages, other promotions, etc.)
- Conceptualize and design internal company collateral as needed (PPT presentations, possibly video)
- Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Design, Visual Design, Communication Design or related fields
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience as a decision maker on various multidisciplinary design projects. (Design fundamentals are a must: portfolios should convey comfort with the graphic design medium including strong typography, layout, identity design, color, usability, and imagery, to name a few.)
- Ability to independently lead all aspects of the design process from conception to completion
- Clearly articulate design decisions
- Deep knowledge of typography and grid systems, pixel-perfect attention to details
- Promote design thinking in Public Relationship team and MSR
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Collaboration and mentor skill with outsourcing vendor design related company such as print co. (experience working with graphic designers and agencies)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills in Chinese
- Good oral and written English skills
- Good Sense of Public Relations work
- Self-motivated and high attention to details
- Proactive attitude
- A supervisor's approval will be required
Design Skillsets (Fluency in design tools practices):
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Expert Adobe skills)
Required Internship Duration:
At least as a full time intern of 3 months.
Qualified applicants please fill in the application and send it together with a full resume in both English and Chinese (PDF/Word/Txt/Html format) to: MSRAih@microsoft.com, and please note you are applying for PR_Design.