The MSRA Media Computing (MC) group focuses on key research areas related to multimedia, including computer vision, audio, media compression and AI-based RTC Optimization. This description is especially for computer vision area. The researchers in MC group mainly conduct their research in three sub-areas: scene understanding, visual recognition, and visual media manipulation. Specifically, they tackle fundamental problems and promote applications including 2D/3D scene parsing, 3D reconstruction, 2D/3D object detection, video classification, video object segmentation, multi-view correspondence learning, and video enhancement and retouching. They sustain excellence in the academic area and also contribute our advanced techniques to Microsoft products, such as video background blur/replacement and together mode for virtual group meeting in Microsoft Teams. The group members have published many papers in top-tier conferences and journals in the recent years, e.g., CVPR, SIGGRAPH, ICCV, NIPS, AAAI, TPAMI, ACMMM etc.
Collaborate with the researchers to conduct comprehensive computer vision research, in one of the sub-areas listed as follows:
- Video Representation Learning, Video Object Segmentation / Video Instance Segmentation
- Video based optical flow estimation / depth estimation
- Neural Rendering, Learning-based 3D Reconstruction
Research interns will participate in all steps of the research process, including data analysis, algorithm design, algorithm implementation, experimental study, and demonstration. Research interns will have a chance to work the researchers to develop world-class AI solutions for industries, and publish papers in top-tier conferences and journals.
The candidate should have the following basic skills:
- Strong motivation to conduct state-of-the-art research work and publish paper in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Strong implementation skills in at least one of the mainstream programing languages (e.g., Python / C++), and one of the mainstream deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow / PyTorch).
- Master or Ph.D. candidates major in computer science, electronic engineering, or related areas with good English reading/speaking/listening/writing skills.
- Candidates who have published papers in top-tier conferences or journals are preferred. Candidates who have research experiences in video segmentation, video representation learning, 3D reconstruction, neural rendering, generative adversarial networks, are preferred.
Required Internship Duration:
At least 6 months.
Qualified applicants are required to fill out the application form and send it with their CVs/resumes in English (if applicable, in Chinese as well) in PDF/Word/Txt/Html format to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and note that you are applying for an internship position in MSRA MC Group. Download the Application Form here: https://www.msra.cn/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Internship_application_form.xlsx
To learn more about Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program, please contact email@example.com. We are happy to answer any question you may have.